- AWE Tuning
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 (991.2) Turbo/Turbo S Performance Intercooler K
AWE Tuning presents the Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit -- Precision cast end tanks, massive cores, more fins, carbon fiber ducting, backed by AWE Tuning R&D. If you’re serious about consistent cooling and proven power, read on.
AWE Tuning 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit Highlights:
- 17% increase in volume over stock
- Lowers intake air temperatures by as much as 32°F compared to stock
- Dyno-verified max gains of 26 hp and 21 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- 50% decreased pressure drop through intercooler cores
- Increased fin density
- AWE Tuning bespoke carbon fiber ducts
- Efficient bar/plate core style
- Precision cast and machined end tanks for optimized air flow
- 6-ply silicone hoses with factory-type locking mechanism
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps for extreme clamping force
- Direct, fully reversible, plug and play install
- Engineered in-house at AWE Tuning using sophisticated Computer Aided Design & Computational Fluid Dynamics software
- AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
- Fitment confirmed for both 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S models.
The AWE Tuning 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit leverage generations of Porsche intercooler engineering, dating back to the 996. Cast end tanks designed in-house using sophisticated CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software, specially designed cores, power testing and dyno-fueled refinement, and more.
Goals set, torture testing executed, Porsche 991 Turbo Performance Intercooler born.
More Volume. More Fins. More Cooling. More Performance.
Compared to the 991’s stock intercoolers, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercoolers’ cores are 17% larger (523 cubic inches vs 448 cubic inches). In contrast to the stock cores, AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercoolers are a high flow bar and plate style, and are built to our charge row and fin count specifications. These specifications result in 20% reduced air temperatures and 50% improved pressure resistance through the cores. These lowered air temperatures and freer flow allowed the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Turbo S to achieve dyno-verified max gains of 26 HP and 21 ft-lbs of torque at the crank when used with the AWE Tuning 991 Turbo Performance Exhaust and S-FLO Carbon Intake, and G.I.A.C Stage 2 software, translating to almost a full second reduction in 60-130mph acceleration times.
More Carbon Fiber.
We’ve designed the biggest cores the 991TT rear fenders could fit, and as a result of the size difference, the OEM ducts couldn’t be utilized. To feed fresh, cooler air to the intercooler cores, proper flowing ducts are mandatory. Cue AWE Tuning Carbon Fiber ducts. The result: straightforward and bolt-in, seamlessly mating to the AWE Tuning Performance Intercoolers. No trimming or cutting necessary and the AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee.
In addition to the superior core and end tank design, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit also features thick wall 6-ply silicone hoses with gentle curves to prevent bursting under pressure. They are attached to the factory intake and turbos by stainless steel high force t-bolt clamps, and a molded lip is integrated where the hoses meet the turbos to duplicate the factory locking mechanism. Further, our hoses use a Nomex braiding, instead of more common polyester, for superior strength. The very best materials and industry leading engineering separate this kit from all others on the market.
Whether you’re simply running enhanced software, or planning on a larger turbo upgrade for your car, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercoolers are exactly what you need to deliver proven, consistent power.
Please note, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit is for racing use only.