- AWE Tuning
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath Exhaust for Non-PSE Cars Diamond Bla
This is the finest exhaust available for the Porsche 991 Carrera S and 4S available. Period.
The AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the Porsche 991 is for those looking to increase power and bring out the note of their 3.8L powerplant, without turning their backs on perfect daily-drivability and Porsche sophistication.
Track and Touring, all in one elegant SwitchPath™ Exhaust.
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust includes integrated valves designed to afford drivers the best of both worlds: A Track Edition Exhaust and a Touring Edition Exhaust, all in one.
How it works
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust responds to the exhaust valve position commands sent from your Porsche’s ECU dependent on your throttle input. This means that the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust will transform from “Track” (The SwitchPath™ valve directs exhaust gasses away from the side mufflers, for Cup Car levels of “announcement”) to “Touring” (The SwitchPath™ valve closes, routing exhaust gasses through the stock side mufflers, for a sophisticated, signature AWE Tuning tone, at a volume slightly above stock). Exhaust volume change matches the driving style: Aggressive throttle input elicits aggressive exhaust volume; tame throttle input elicits tame exhaust volume.
And for PSE-equipped Porsche’s, all console button controls are completely retained.
PDK Drivers Rejoice.
This system was developed first, on a PDK car. The exhaust was created to be 100% PDK friendly. In normal “non-sport-mode” this system will remain 100% drone-free. We guarantee it.
Finish it off
AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Tips for the Porsche S and 4S are an optional upgrade with our 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust. These tips are 90mm, angle cut, have a beveled edge, feature the AWE Tuning logo and are 100% T304 stainless steel. And better yet, they are double walled for resistance to heat discoloration. AWE Tuning Performance Tip Sets are currently available in Chrome Silver and Diamond Black.
It’s good to have options
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust is available in multiple configurations based upon your Porsche, and your preferences:
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for PSE equipped cars, no tips: AWE Tuning performance, sound and functionality while reusing your stock tips
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for PSE equipped cars, with AWE Tuning tips: Let the world know what’s lurking underneath with your choice of Chrome Silver or Diamond Black 90mm angle cut tips featuring the AWE Tuning logo.
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for non-PSE cars, no tips: Same AWE Tuning performance and sound, with hardware specific to cars without PSE.
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for non-PSE cars, with AWE Tuning tips: Chrome Silver or Diamond Black 90mm angle cut tips featuring the AWE Tuning logo, and included hardware specific to cars without PSE.
Performance, hand crafted.
Research. Design. Testing. Fabrication. It’s all happening in house within AWE Tuning’s walls.
Constructed from T304 Stainless Steel, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust shows midrange gains of 20hp and 25tq at the crank and weighs in at 7.5lbs less than the stock unit, accomplished by replacing the stock center muffler with AWE Tuning-engineered strategically sized straight pipe sections.
As with all AWE Tuning ® exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished by a member of our performance team, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail, quality and performance that sets AWE Tuning ® exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest, and this system is no exception.
And better still, none of the components of our AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust affect or alter any of the emissions devices on the vehicle, and therefore this exhaust is fully legal for street use.
This is the exhaust you’ve been waiting for.