The 2014-15 Audi R8 4.2L Exhaust Suite sets a new standard. Two options: The sophisticated, versatile valved R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust, and the disobedient, unbridled R8 4.2L Straight Pipes.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust
Beyond the handcrafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 4.2L Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into "straight pipe" mode.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
SwitchPath™ Exhaust highlights include:
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- Uses factory tips
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- German engineered control valves
- CNC machined v-band connections
- One piece, full bolt-on system means easy and reversible installation
- Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- Lifetime Warranty
AWE Tuning stands by this product with a lifetime warranty, however, the straight pipes cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
If you have an R8 4.2L and you're looking to make one of the most meaningful evolutions available, these are your options.
Please note, these exhaust products are for racing use only.