Welcome to the mothership of 3.0T exhausts.
Our 3.0T exhaust system represents the most comprehensive exhaust development project in our company history. The 3.0T systems have paved the way for future exhaust technologies that can now be found in most every AWE Tuning ® exhaust product. We have spent considerable time and effort during development to achieve remarkable civility when idling and at part throttle cruising, while also producing a war-cry wail when full throttle is applied. Handcrafted in-house, these systems command respect while remaining sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all at once.
Highlights of the S4 3.0T Touring Edition System
Handcrafted, every detail drives toward maximum performance, quality and perfect sound:
- Featuring AWE Tuning 180 Technology®
- +8 hp, +9 tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5” to better let the engine exhale
- Strategic elimination of factory mufflers to release tone when uncorked
- Available with chrome silver or diamond black adjustable tips, 90mm or 102mm
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Optional downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology®
As exhaust gases exit the 3.0T engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology® in the tab above.
Tip options are as follows - all of which include the AWE Tuning logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage.
- 90mm slash-cut diamond black tips
- 90mm slash-cut chrome sIlver tips
- 102mm slash-cut diamond black tips
- 102mm slash-cut chrome silver tips
All tips are individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste.
Please note: 102mm tips will only fit on 2013+ S4s. To accommodate the 102mm tips, the muffler itself had to be re-engineered, and as such, tips cannot be changed from 90mm to 102mm without the purchase of a new rear section of the system. Questions on this? We’re here.
Looking for a lower cost option? Look no further than the AWE Tuning ® Track Edition Exhaust.
For those open to a louder part-throttle experience, we're introducing the AWE Tuning ® Track Edition Exhaust. Same power and craftsmanship, with less mufflers and price. More, right here.
Read this, too
As with all AWE Tuning ® exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished internally, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail that sets AWE Tuning ® exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest.