Welcome to the new era of M5 and the option-packed levels of aggression that come with it.
- Designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Available as valved SwitchPath™ or more unleashed Track Edition
- SwitchPath™ and Track Edition Exhausts available as full catback or axleback
- Performance Mid Pipes available separately
- Peak gains of 4 hp and 4 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (SwitchPath™ Catback Exhaust)
- 20 lb weight savings over stock with the Track Edition Cat-back Exhaust, and 10 lb weight savings with the SwitchPath™ Cat-back Exhaust
- Performance Mid Pipes and catbacks feature a precision-engineered x-pipe
- Catbacks are pure bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Handcrafted from dual 3” U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE No Check Engine Light Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)
Options for all. Whether you’re looking to pipe up with a full cat-back, axle-back, or adding a bit of aggression in the form of mid pipes, we’ve got you covered.
The SwitchPath™ Catback Exhaust features dual 3” CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel tubing from downpipes to tip outlets with a precision-engineered X-pipe in between. Equipped with valved rear sections, the SwitchPath™ Catback retains all of the M5’s valve behavior when changing driving modes and/or using the exhaust button found on the console.
In axle-back form, the SwitchPath™ retains the M5’s factory mid-section, coming in right at the rear axle.The AWE Switchpath™ Axleback Exhaust maintains a 3” diameter, shaves weight from the rear, and retains the factory valve behavior.
Track Edition Exhaust
Track Edition Catback:
If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition Catback is your dose of steel. The Track Edition Exhaust retains all the engineering and precision of the SwitchPath™ Exhaust, including the X-pipe and 3” diameter tubing, minus the valves in the rear sections. The result? Constant rumble.
Track Edition Axleback:
The AWE Track Edition Exhaust in axleback form provides the most cost-effective aggression in the lineup by retaining the M5’s factory mid-section and replacing the rear sections with Track Edition straight pipes.
Please note: These versions are known to get rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
Performance Mid Pipes:
The Performance Mid Pipes replace the factory mid section with a 3” stainless steel X-pipe, mating to the factory axleback.
Equipping the Performance Mid Pipes or an axleback with intentions to add another section later?
That’s a good thing. We’ve engineered the AWE Exhaust Suite for the M5 as a completely modular configuration that allows you to do just that, at any time. Simply add the desired configuration to your cart, and roar away.
Important fitment notes:
If you’re equipping the Performance Mid Pipes or an axleback, cutting will be required.
All tip options include the AWE logo and double-walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
- 4” slash-cut diamond black tips
- 4” slash-cut chrome silver tips
What’s in the box?
Complete SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Catback/Axleback, four 4” tips in desired finish, and all required installation hardware.
AWE Tuning 18-19 BMW M5 (F90) 4.4T AWD SwitchPath Axle-back Exhaust - Chrome Silver Tips
Special order product(s), please allow an additional 10-15 days delivery. For more detailed information please contact HKP Tuning